Guide to feeding ‘Good Doers’ at pasture
● Choose the correct feed for condition, workload and age.
Baseline Mix – Palatable fibre based feed for light work
Baseline Cubes – Palatable fibre based cube for light work
High Fibre Cubes – Low sugar, low starch cube
At Grass Mix – Low intake mix with elevated vitamins & minerals, reduced calories
● If feeding less than the recommended daily intake then add Balanced Booster to ensure vitamin and mineral intakes are maintained.
● Ensure forage intake is fed at least 1% of bodyweight daily
● Choose the correct and most suitable forage. Hay with a higher stalk to leaf ratio will provide less calories and more roughage.
● Fluid intake is critical. Make sure all water mangers/buckets are regularly cleaned, and during the cold winter months any ice is broken.
● Balanced JMB (Joint & Muscle Booster) will provide nutritional support for joints and muscles.
● Check fields and hedges regularly for poisonous plants.
● Make sure that rugs and head collars are regularly removed to check body condition and for minor injuries.